If you are an author, publisher or publicist, this page will provide you with all the information you need in order to contact me for a review.
To authors and publishers,
Thankyou for taking the time to read my review policy 🙂
I would like to stress that I am not a professional reviewer, I am a book blogger. I read and review books for fun and personal enjoyment and my reviews contain my completely honest thoughts and feelings. While I very rarely rate books 1 star, I have done so in the past and I have written negative reviews. I do not take particular pleasure in criticising somebody’s work but I will be honest.
Genres that I prefer
As this is a Young Adult book blog, that is my preferred overall ‘genre’. I do enjoy Middle Grade novels and on occassion, Adult novels. Although I rarely accept or review adult novels.
In regards to the above, I prefer the following:
- Historical Fiction
- Science Fiction
I enjoy, but am selective about:
- Urban Fantasy
- Paranormal romance
- New Adult
I will not accept:
- Chick Lit
- Self Help
- Titles with religious undertones
- Graphic novels/comic books
- Series out of sequence, if you would like me to review a book in a series and if I have not read the books prior, I ask that you please send review copies of the predecessors.
When submitting your review request:
– Please be patient if my response isn’t immediate. It may have been lost or I haven’t gotten to it yet
Note: To those who emailed me whilst my blog was on hiatus, I apologise deeply for not responding.
– I am unfortunately no longer reviewing self-published work. The volume of requests can get very high sometimes and I’ve found it difficult to keep up with in addition to my reviews for publishers etc. I’m very sorry!
– Please provide the summary of your book and any links you may have to your website, blog, Twitter, Goodreads etc
Formats I prefer
- Paper ARCs
- Finished copies
Unfortunately, I am unable to read ebooks at the moment as my Kobo broke (I’m sad too) however will update here as soon as I am able to review digital titles again
When I accept a novel:
– If it is an ARC or Galley (via Netgalley) I will try my best to read and post the review around the time the book will be publicly available, or a bit beforehand. Please let me know if a particular time-frame is preferred.
– I can not guarantee that it will be read or reviewed due to the amount of books that are already in my ever-growing TBR pile!
Please note – Titles that I have requested will have preference over other novels. Titles that are on my To-Be-Read list on Goodreads will have second preference. Titles that have been sent without request/interest, will be read depending on my interest in the book and my reading schedule.
If you are an author interested in doing an interview or guest post on my blog, I would be happy to. However, I do ask that you send the book and give me time to read the book before the questions are submitted. Also, please let me know if you are interested in an interview/guest post when you contact me.
I am happy to host a giveaway and I would prefer to discuss the details of the giveaway with you (such as format, postage etc)
Finally, if you are interested in contacting me (and more than likely many other bloggers) please, please, please read this post over at Cuddlebuggery. It’s a fantastic post about how to go about contacting book bloggers and how to seduce us 😉
If you are interested, please feel free to contact me at
HOW I RATE:
I try to write fair and balanced reviews and I am aware that as different people we have different tastes, so something I may hate, you may love and something I may love, you may hate 🙂
This is how I’ll be rating books…
♥♥♥♥♥ – Amazing, this either made me laugh, cry, happy, angry or got me thinking. Would recommend this to EVERYBODY! (And probably already have)
♥♥♥♥ – I really, really liked the book!
♥♥♥ – I liked this book but wouldn’t go out of my way to reread it
♥♥ – Not bad enough for one star, there were some redeeming qualities.
♥ – I had a lot of problems with the book, and did not enjoy it!